Thursday, May 6

A tripod and a remote

 

Date: 24 April 2010

Venue: Ng Tung Chai

 

Went “hiking” with Yan at 2pm in the afternoon.  Destination was Ng Tung Chai.  We were never there.  For the first time in my life I bought a tripod and a remote: the experience was very interesting… and my bag was very heavy!

DSC_0225-1

The entrance to the small village was not far away from the van stop, luckily.  The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, it was a bliss.  The weather was so wonderfully beautiful!

DSC_0228-1 

There were not many hikers too!  Everything was serene and nice.  I could smell the spring!

 

DSC_0234-1

Entering the village, there were many dogs as well as cows, but you couldn’t really see any cows, but to smell them, by which I meant their shit. Haha.  The buildings immediately caught my attention, they were very new and old at the same time.

DSC_0235-1

Ay, what can I say?  I miss the blue sky.

DSC_0241-1

My dearest Yan, you look so small!

 

It was a very tough trail, to my surprise.  It went on and on, we kept climbing mountains and rocks (haha, yes, I am only exaggerating!).  I was all soaked with sweat, the view was breathtaking :)

DSC_0278-1

After taking a small video, breathed in some nice fresh air, we took a very MK picture :D  God bless Hong Kong girls!

(Oh my friends, please don’t exclaim when you see me dressing like that for a hike.  Sandals are my all time favourite and my jeans are not all that tight… I am very agile!)

DSC_0284-1

The waterfall was, honestly, slightly disappointing.  It was the largest I’ve seen in Hong Kong though… that thought comforted me somehow.  I will definitely come back!

DSC_0319-1

This is not the main fall, but the volume was far better than the largest one above.  All was very nice :D

DSC_0335-1

This was the bottom fall.

 

It was getting quite dark after we rushed to the bottom fall, we had no choice but to leave.  We will be back, I promise you!

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, I love you!