Saturday, May 1

Fujian - Day 3 Gu Lang Yu

 

Date: 4 April 2010

Venue: Gulangyu Island, Fujian

 

After a night’s rest, we got up early, had breakfast at McDonald’s and got each of us a nice hot heearl milk tea (Yan was dying for some pearl milk tea, haha) then boarded on the ferry and found ourselves at Gulangyu Island.  Molly really wanted to go there.

 

DSC_0373-1

Needless to say it was again packed with people.  So many people, too many people - and all of them Chinese, very very exciting!  The weather wasn’t all that good, it rained when we went out, was very cloudy when we were walking around.

DSC_0375-1

We had lots of fun taking pictures actually… too many tourists, it kinda reminded us: we were part of them too.  We had to do all kind of crazy things when we were travelling, isn’t that true?!  Actually it was one of the pictures that I liked very much.  I liked how the picture was overexposed and how I was laughing so heartily.

 

DSC_0383-1

The island was very westernized - that’s why it was so touristic, there were really some very nice looking buildings like this one.  I didn’t have any special feeling regarding all those building, but I did scowl at those people who stood in front of me taking pictures of the same thing I was shooting when I got there first.

DSC_0388-1

Very far away was Mr Zheng Chenggong.  If you want to know more about him… Wikipedia welcomes you!

DSC_0392-1 DSC_0394-1

You see?  We really were enjoying ourselves :D

DSC_0404-1 DSC_0411-1

The European style hotels and the famous Piano Museum!  I was happy enough to be able to pronounce those made in Germany pianos :p

We walked and walked and walked, finally we arrived at the highest spot in the whole island.  I have to quote a Beijing guy who sat downhill at the temple “What the hell is there to see at the 100m tall pavilion?” (in Chinese: 一百米高可以看啥呀?)  Yan and I joked all our way up there at the pavilion at what he said.

DSC_0429-1

There were too many people up there, we had to wait very patiently.  Ah, all the pushing and cursing made me so angry!

DSC_0437-1

Feel free to spot out the mistakes :)

DSC_0439-1

After queuing for a millions of hours, finally we got up the cable car!

DSC_0443-1 DSC_0444-1

Yan and I were the first one to get off the cable car.  Before anyone could walk in front of us, we rushed in front to take pictures :p  Silly us :D

DSC_0471-1

Saw some very interesting looking animals and then left!

 

DSC_0484-1 DSC_0485-1

All we could eat in Xiamen!  There were some very nice looking buildings :)  Afterall, Xiamen was once a colonial city!

I have enjoyed everything :D