Tuesday, September 8

Impressive Vietnam - Mui Ne

Venue: Mui Ne

Date: 17 August 2009

 

It was officially Yan’s birthday.  Yan is actually very sweet, you’re welcomed to let me know if you want to get to know her!

 

The weather was incredible, the sun must be in love with us!  We got up really early today and had a very nice breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel, though I didn’t really eat much.  The most interesting thing about Vietnam is that they have green bananas instead of yellow mature bananas, which are actually quite small but super tasty!

 

DSC_0655-1 DSC_0657-1

That’s the hotel where we were staying. It was considerably cheap by Hong Kong standard, nevertheless it’s got a swimming pool, a bar with free Internet access and a gym (though we never got the chance to go in), the view of the sea (and a perfect beach!) was simply superb.

 

DSC_0661-1 

Good morning Vietnam!

 

DSC_0666-1

Alright, here comes the typical Vietnam banana - well, this one was yellow but never mind :p

 

Later on we paid 300,000 Dong for the very exciting jeep trip that we never had before (special thanks to Nam, our new Vietnamese friend, who confirmed us that it was a very good price for such a trip)!

 

DSC_0683-1 DSC_0687-1  

We were on the highway in no time, there wasn’t anyone around and it made me wonder how other tourists see this place without driving or renting a car…

 

DSC_0707-1 DSC_0703-1

 

First time in my life to ever lay eyes on sand dunes.  It wasn’t any other sand dune either, it’s the RED sand dune!  We didn’t stay very long but we had enough fun jumping on the sand dune and taking pictures :D  Gosh, it really was beautiful!  I just wished we had stayed longer!

 

DSC_0709-1

Literally speaking, we were being roasted under the sun….

 

DSC_0721-1DSC_0737-1DSC_0765-1

Don’t underestimate our power in enjoying ourselves :D  We were driving along the coastal line, wah, no one absolutely but us!  If the taxi driver were to rob (and kill) us, I strongly believe that we wouldn’t be able to make it back to Hongkong alive… well, too much thriller movies these days, haha!

 

DSC_0802-1DSC_0812-1DSC_0817-1

Basically you see all sort of things on the road… from cows eating grass among so many graves to a plain to red rocks… to…

DSC_0828-1DSC_0830-1DSC_0843-1

sheep, to mountains, and to OASIS!!!!

 

DSC_0838-1

Sitting in the front seat, [ONLY] my right arm was getting a tan, oh well, I’m still glad we were in the jeep anyway, aren’t you?

 

DSC_0847-1

A silly picture of Yan waiting for the toilet on our way to the WHITE SAND DUNE!  There was a store where we got some bottles of water - how could you survive without water under the merciless sun?

 

DSC_0859-1

Finally!  360° sand view!  Amazing!  To be totally honest, I didn’t know sand would burn your feet before, eh, I mean, I knew but it didn’t occur to me back then… but now I do know!

 

By the time I’m writing this, my heart is filled with joy and a sense of contentment.  Suddenly every single detail in our trip I remember, and the laughter we had, the freedom and easiness of things.

 

Damn, I think I was born to be a nomad!